We value our relationship with all of our customers and we are committed to respecting your privacy and meeting our privacy obligations.
By providing us with your personal information or using our services, you agree to this Policy. If you give us information about anyone else, then that person must have agreed to you giving us their information.
There may be times when we need to change this Policy. When we do so, we’ll tell you about any changes. This may be by posting an updated policy on our website or sending you an email. Any changes will take effect from when we publish the updated Policy, so please check our Policy and our website from time to time.
This Policy is subject to and should be read in conjunction with any other terms and conditions you agree to when using or signing up to any of our services or promotions.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal information we may collect includes your:
- name, contact details (such as your email and phone number), delivery address and payment information;
- phone conversations with our staff, which may be recorded;
- email communications, your communications with us over social media and your written and verbal interactions with us;
- details of the products or services you have purchased from us;
- your preferences concerning our products and services, such as survey and recipe rating data;
- any details you give us when you sign up to one of our promotions or competitions;
- details of your household (such as the number of members), if you provide this information to us, and any other information you provide to us; and
- in some circumstances, you may supply additional personal information for some of our programmes eg the Fresh Start Challenge. We will only use this information to provide you our services and this will not be disclosed to any external parties.
What happens when you visit our website or app?
When you visit or use our website or app, we collect information (including the IP address of your machine or device, the operating system and the browser your machine or device uses, the date and time you are visiting and the pages you view.
Our website may also collect information through the use of “cookies” in order to provide better customer service. “Cookies” are small files that websites place on your computer to identify you and enhance the website experience. You may set your browsers to provide notice before you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept the cookie. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. However, if you do so, some areas of our website may not function properly.
- learn about your preferences, including for our products and services, so that we can present you with content that is relevant to you;
- improve our products and services;
- monitor the use of our website, including collecting data on web traffic and activity, to operate it efficiently and functionally;
- measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives, and our advertising referrals; and
- collect analytic data.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information:
- to process your transactions and administer your account;
- so that we can provide you with our products, services and information, including promotional and marketing materials;
- to ensure your eligibility for our services (including assessing your credit-worthiness);
- to update you on the delivery of products and for customer support purposes;
- to comply with our obligations to you and other third parties involved in the supply of our products to your property;
- to improve or update our services, products and our website/app;
- for internal purposes (such as staff training and billing);
- to confirm any information you have provided to us; and
- to contact you in relation to your enquiries
By providing your email address or mobile phone number, you consent to us sending you information connected with the above collection and use purposes via email or text message. We may also send you newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in and which we may market and promote our products and services, or the products and services of others. If you use our app, then you consent to receiving notifications from us even when the app is not running. You can opt out of marketing messages at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe button in an email, or texting STOPMFB to unsubscribe from texts. You can opt out of notifications from the app by configuring your preferences in the app’s settings or your mobile’s settings.
Information regarding your usage of our website is collected to help us offer the services you need each time you visit and to improve our services generally. We may also use this information to improve our advertising and marketing of related products and services.
Who do we disclose your information to?
The personal information we collect will never be sold, traded or leased to any unrelated third party, except:
- where you have authorised us to do so;
- to third parties we use to help provide our products and services. For example, our delivery agents, marketing companies, credit checking or debt collection agencies (including your bank) website usage analysis agencies for the purposes set out in this Policy;
- for the purposes of any sale, transfer or assignment of any part of our business or our entire business;
- if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information;
- where it is necessary to assist an adjudicator to resolve a complaint you make about us;
- to meet our legal obligations or where we are entitled to under the Privacy Act or any other law. For example, where disclosure is to a law enforcement agency that is entitled to such information under its statutory powers.
Other things you should know
Your personal information is collected and stored by us. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that is held by us from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When your personal information is held by us, it can only be accessed by our authorised staff or representatives when required for the purposes set out in this Policy. Access is subject to strict log in requirements, and we have systems in place to prevent unauthorised access.
Some of our data is stored outside of New Zealand. When we store or send data overseas, we will ensure that adequate systems are in place to protect your information as required under the Privacy Act.
We will hold your information for as long as it is required for the purposes outlined above.
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request to obtain, or have corrected, any personal information we hold about you where that information may be readily accessed and retrieved. If you want to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please see the Privacy Commissioner’s website at https://www.privacy.org.nz/.
If you have any privacy related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.