1 cup Puy lentils
1½ tablespoons chopped mint leaves
Autumn Harissa Harvest Salad
1 bunch baby carrots
½-1 red onion
400g pumpkin (skin on)
4 baby yellow beetroot
2 tablespoons walnut pieces
2 handfuls rocket leaves
1-1½ tablespoons harissa paste (e.g. Culley’s)
Juice of ½ -1 lemon
2 teaspoons honey
½ cup buffalo yoghurt OR natural yoghurt
Preheat oven to 220oC. Bring a medium pot of unsalted water to the boil. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Chop mint.
1. Cook lentils in pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes, until just tender but still slightly firm to the bite. Drain, rinse under warm water and then drain well. Return to pot, add a drizzle of olive oil, mint and season to taste. Cover and set aside.
2. While lentils cook, prepare autumn harissa harvest salad. Trim tops off carrots and cut in half lengthways;cut onion into 1cm wedges; slice pumpkin 1cm; scrub beetroot and cut into 8 wedges.
3. Divide vegetables between prepared oven trays, toss with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt. Roast for about 20-25 minutes until starting to caramelize. Add walnuts to tray, and roast a further 2-3 minutes until nuts are toasted and carrots and beetroot are tender.
4. While vegetables cook, combine all harissa dressing ingredients together in a small bowl with a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Remove vegetables from oven, add to a medium bowl and toss through harissa dressing and rocket until wilted slightly.
To serve, dollop buffalo yoghurt onto a plate, top with lentils and pile with autumn harissa harvest salad.