2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
4 eggs, whisked
½ cup honey
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1¼ cups almond meal
1¼ cups coconut thread
425g can crushed pineapple (in juice, refined sugar free), drained
½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
½ cup lite cream cheese
½ cup plain, unsweetened Greek yoghurt
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two circular cake tins (measuring about 20cm in diameter) and line with baking paper.
2. Make batter. Mix banana, eggs, honey, oil, vanilla and baking soda in a large bowl until well combined. Fold through almond meal, coconut, pineapple and pecans until just combined.
3. Bake cake. Divide batter evenly between prepared tins and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Allow cakes to cool for about 20 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
5. Make icing. Once cake has cooled, make icing. Add all yoghurt icing ingredients to a medium, deep bowl and lightly beat together using an electric beater, until thick and combined.
6. Using a pallet knife or butter knife, spoon half of the icing on top of one of the cakes and spread over top. Place second cake evenly on top, then cover the top cake in remaining icing. Decorate if desired.