- A good dose of unsaturated (beneficial) omega 3 fats for cell structure and function supporting optimal hair, skin, nails, and brain functioning. Omega 3’s are also a powerful anti-inflammatory which help to reduce pain and inflammation, improve gut health and mood, and assist in weight management.
- Fuel for our bodies (ie. energy from food, written in the form of kilojoules or calories). It’s important that this energy is coming from essential nutrients (ie. nutrients our bodies NEED to function optimally) such as unsaturated fats and protein, rather than refined sugars from processed, unnatural foods. Because the energy provided from LSA comes from these essential nutrients, LSA provides a healthy form of kilojoules/calories, and it also means you get a much slower release of energy throughout the day helping to avoid that dreaded 3pm energy slump!
- Quality protein for cell structure and functioning; cellular repair and growth; increasing the satiety of your meals or snacks; improving your metabolic rate and encouraging a healthy body composition; reducing the incidence of sugar cravings and so on…
- A good hit of dietary fibre for optimal gut health and keeping you regular, as well as increasing the satiety of the meal or snack.
- No refined or added sugars. The only sugar you will find in LSA is a very small amount which comes naturally from the nuts and seeds themselves.
Here are some other exciting ways you can incorporate LSA into your diet:
- Sprinkle over your favourite yoghurt, muesli or porridge
- Add a tablespoon to your breakfast smoothie
- Use in your favourite home baking eg. banana loaf, muffins cakes, and bliss balls
- Make banana pancakes combining 1 mashed banana, 1 beaten egg, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of LSA. Fry in a pan with coconut oil and top with fresh berries and a dollop of yoghurt!
- Use as a gluten free alternative to breadcrumbs (ie. on chicken or fish)
Tip: try making your own LSA by using your food processor at home to blitz up linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds until fine. Get creative and try your own favourite nut and seed combos.