Looking for a yummy, savoury and delicious brunch option? This is a healthier twist on Turkish Eggs (Çilbir) and uses olive oil instead of butter, on a bed of baby spinach, and served with wholemeal pita to mop up all those juices!
- 200 g Greek yoghurt
- ½ lemon zested & juiced
- salt & pepper
- 2 tsp oil
- 100 g baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 2 wholemeal pita
- ½ lemon cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, zest lemon, cut in half lengthways, juice half in the bowl and cut the other half into wedges, set aside. Add yoghurt to bowl and stir to combine well. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Add spinach and make 4 nests in the leaves. Crack an egg into each nest and cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the whites are set and yolks still soft.
- In a small pot, heat the oil/butter. Swirl in the chilli, paprika and a pinch of salt. Cook for a couple of seconds and remove from heat.
- Toast pitas in the toaster and cut into wedges.
- Eggs & spinach topped with yogurt and a drizzle of chilli oil. Pita chips on the side.