Start your day right with these savoury yoghurt bowls! These are a Nordic take on a Hawaiian poke bowl, and make a nice change from the usual breaky options.
In this version, we’ve combined plenty of delicious ingredients that pack a big nutritional punch, rather than a recipe that requires lots of cooking. They would also make a great lunch, and if you don’t have all the ingredients, switch them up for whatever you have at home!
Nordic Savoury Yoghurt Bowl
- 200 g yoghurt
- ½ lemon zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 100 g rocket or preferred greens
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 4 Tbsp sauerkraut
- ½ lemon cut into wedges
- Make yoghurtIn a small bowl, zest lemon, cut in half lengthways, juice half in the bowl and cut the other half into wedges, set aside. Mince garlic and add to bowl along with yoghurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast seedsHeat a small dry fry-pan on medium high heat, add sunflower and pumpkin seeds and toast for 1-2 minutes, until browned.
- ServePlace rocket, salmon, sauerkraut and lemon yoghurt in a breakfast bowl, sprinkle over toasted seeds and serve with a lemon wedge.