This delicious, warming soup is the perfect lunch to enjoy on a chilly winter’s day. Lentils are full of fibre, so are a great option to fill you up and keep you full for longer!
Curried Lentil & Coconut Soup
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 1 tsp oil
- 100 g dried split red lentils
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 100 mls lite coconut milk
- 1 bunch coriander leaves picked
- 2 slices wholemeal toast
- Prep vegetables. Grate carrots and finely chop celery.
- Cook soup. Heat oil in a medium pot on medium heat. Add carrot and celery and cook for about 3 minutes, until soft. Add split red lentils, curry powder, a pinch of salt and veggie stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, until lentils are tender. Stir through coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To finish, pick coriander leaves. Serve soup in bowls, with toast on the side. Sprinkle over coriander.