This delicious recipe is brought to you by Jackie Ashley, Founder of Ashley & Co, and gives our Restarter’s an absolutely delicious dish to enjoy during the Fresh Start Restart programme and beyond! It’s fragrant, warming and comforting, and is packed full of goodness to fuel you on your journey.
Jackie loves a recipe where she can add a bit of extra heat to cater to her family’s tastes, and finishes it off with vibrant garnishes such as Thai basil as in the delicious laksa!
While this recipe is available in Fresh Start Choice deliveries, we’ve adapted it slightly so you can make it at home too. We hope you enjoy it!
Jackie’s Curried Prawn Laksa with Vermicelli & Thai Basil
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 50 g laksa curry paste
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 200 ml light coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 600 g prawns tails removed
- 1 lemon
- 2 carrots peeled into ribbons
- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 telegraph cucumber peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves picked
- pinch chilli flakes optional
- Before you startBring a large pot of hot salted tap water to a boil.
- Prep& cook laksaCut broccoli into florets. Heat oil in a large frypan on medium heat. Add laksa paste, mild curry powder, turmeric and coriander and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Finish laksaAdd coconut milk, stock and fish sauce to pan and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add broccoli and simmer for1 minute. Add prawns and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until prawns and broccoli are tender. Cut lemon in half and add the juice of one half to the laksa. Season to taste with salt. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook carrot & vermicelliPeel carrot into ribbons and remove string from vermicelli. Once water is boiling, add carrot and vermicelli to pot. Stir to ensure everything is submerged, then remove from heat and leave to steam with the lid on for about 5 minutes, until noodles and ribbons are tender. Drain well and toss with sesame oil.
- Prep garnishesPeel cucumber into ribbons, separateThai basil leaves and cut second half of lemon into wedges.
- ServeNoodles with laksa. Top with cucumber ribbons and Thai basil. Serve lemon on the side for squeezing and sprinkle over chilli flakes.
Don’t forget to join the Restart for delicious recipes like this, and if you join for all 6 weeks, you’ll receive an Ashley & Co Limited Edition Kitchen Candle with your Week 6 delivery!