Start your weekend right with this perfect brunch recipe. These creamy mushrooms are vegan, too! The addition of oat milk gives you that creaminess we love, but without the ‘cream’. Trust us, they are absolutely delicious.
Creamy Oat Milk Mushrooms on Toast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme roughly chopped (or 1/2Tbsp dried)
- 250 g mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- ½ lemon juiced
- pinch chilli flakes optional
- ⅓ cup oat milk we love the 'Boring' brand!
- 2 slices rye or seeded bread toasted, for serving
- Slice mushrooms & garlic, roughly chop the thyme.
- Cook mushrooms. Heat oil in a medium fry-pan on medium high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add thyme, lemon juice, chilli flakes (if using) and oat milk to pan, reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice & toast bread, serving mushrooms over the top.