Few dishes embody the flavours of summer like ceviche (a healthy Peruvian dish). This flavour-packed recipe by Jonathan Rogers, Head Chef for Kauri Cliffs & Matakauri Lodge) is the perfect dish to celebrate the season.
Kingfish Ceviche with Avocado, Orange & Horseradish Vinaigrette
- 200 g kingfish skinned & bloodline removed
- 2 oranges peeled & segmented
- 1 avocado diced
- 40 g salmon caviar
- 50 g fresh horseradish root peeled & finely grated
- 50 ml lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 250 ml grapeseed oil
- 40 g chives finely sliced
- Micro horseradish
- Sea salt
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the kingfish thinly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice, horseradish and grapeseed oil together and season to taste with sea salt.
- Arrange the kingfish slices between 4 bowl plated. Artfully scatter the rest of the ingredients over the kingfish and drizzle with the horseradish vinaigrette.
- Season lightly with sea salt.