In this delicious fish curry, tender flaky white fish and veggies in a fragrant coconut, lemongrass infused sauce make for a quick and easy dinner full of amazing flavour.
Ashley & Co’s Quick Lemongrass Fish Curry with Cauliflower Rice
- 500 g pre-diced cauliflower
- 100 g baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cm piece ginger peeled & finely grated
- 1 lemongrass stalk bashed
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 600 g white fish cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 courgette thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 makrut lime leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 600 ml coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup picked coriander leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Before you start, preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place diced cauliflower on a lined oven tray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven and toss through spinach.
- Mince garlic, peel and grate ginger, smash lemongrass stalk to help release the flavour and finely chop chilli. Pat fish dry, remove any scales or bones and cut into 3cm chunks. Thinly slice courgette into rounds.
- Heat sesame oil in a large deep fry-pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chilli, makrut lime leaves, turmeric and cumin powder and cook for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce and honey and bring to a simmer. Once simmering add courgette and fish and bring back to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until fish is cooked through and courgette is tender. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt.
- To finish, pick coriander leaves and cut lime into wedges.
- Serve cauliflower rice with curry. Sprinkle over coriander and serve lime wedges on the side for squeezing.
About Ashley & Co.
Founder & Owner
Ashley & Co. is a modern day scent company. Established over a decade ago by Jackie Ashley, their unique scent style is locally produced and found across New Zealand and worldwide.
Jackie is a Kiwi but has been strongly influenced by a childhood spent in Hong Kong; the heady scents of incense, the rich colours, daily rituals, food and flowers. Along with her love of New Zealand, these rich memories influence the way Jackie crafts scents.
Like an amazing meal, our response to scent can have an indelible, positive influence on our mood. Jackie’s belief in the uplifting benefits of a life filled with scent drives her vision; to refine and revitalise our daily experiences.
That’s why she’s created a range of products that can be used liberally and often. From Body, Hair, Home, Essential Cleaning – and even Pet Care – Ashley & Co. can elevate your everyday in so many ways.