Corn & Chicken Skillet Pie with Crunchy Parmesan Topping
- 600 g diced pumpkin
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 leek cut in half lengthways & thinly sliced
- 600 g free range chicken thighs diced 2cm
- 1 drizzle oil
- Cornflour Herb Blend (½ tsp chicken stock powder, ½ tsp dried oregano, ¼ tsp dried sage, 1 tsp cornflour)
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 250 g frozen corn
- 125 g sour cream
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 50 g panko breadcrumbs
- 50 g Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Bring a full kettle to the boil. If you don't have an oven proof fry-pan, set aside a large baking dish.
- Toss pumpkin with oil on a lined oven tray. Spread in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until tender and starting to turn golden brown. Once cooked, remove from oven and switch oven to high grill.
- Prep garlic and leek. Pat chicken dry and dice 2cm. Heat oil in large fry-pan on high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, until sealed. Add garlic and leek and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, until softened and chicken is cooked through. Add cornflour herb blend, water measure, salt and corn and cook for 2 more minutes, to heat through. Remove from heat and stir through sour cream. Transfer filling to baking dish, if using.
- Melt butter and combine in a small bowl with breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Incorporate with your fingers to mix through butter. Add cooked pumpkin to filling and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle topping over filling. Grill pie for 3-5 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
- Prep broccoli and add to a medium heat-proof bowl. Pour over boiling water and leave to cook for 5 minutes. Drain just before serving and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pie with broccoli on the side.