Ginger has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects that are remarkably beneficial for our bodies. Enjoy this winter sunshine tonic recipe as a way to boost your daily ginger intake.
Nadia’s Winter Sunshine Tonic
- 1 tsp Mānuka honey
- 1 cinnamon stick OR a sprig of thyme/rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- ½ tsp fresh turmeric grated
- 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon/tangelo OR grapefruit
- Bring a kettle to the boil.
- Place honey, cinnamon/thyme, ginger and turmeric in a mug and top up with 200ml boiling water. Stir to dissolve honey and leave for a few minutes to allow flavours to infuse.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Sip away and feel warm and nourished from the inside out!