Resolution Retreats is the largest health retreat in Australasia catering exclusively for women. Their world-class luxury health retreats range from three-day fresh start retreats to their three-week life-changer retreats. We’ve teamed up with this awesome NZ company with our new Fresh Start 8 Week Challenge!
This Crunchy Thai Quinoa Salad is a fave at the retreat, it’s perfect for weekday lunch too! It features in Resolution Retreats’ new cookbook, Retreat Yourself.
Find out more about Resolution Retreats in our interview with founder Joelene here.
Resolution Retreats is the ultimate in a luxury, healthy holiday, women are encouraged to fully immerse themselves in the 35-ha five-star Lake Karapiro resort. A dedicated, sought-after team of health professionals deliver a holistic health programme which includes daily Yoga, group fitness sessions, and a variety of women’s wellness workshops ranging from nutrition, hormone-health and healthy habit advice, to life coaching, personal styling and make up sessions. World class facilities include private chalet accommodation, a luxury in-house spa and wellness centre, an indoor heated swimming pool, weights room, infrared saunas, jacuzzi spas and tennis courts that overlook Sanctuary Mountain.
Crunchy Thai Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1-2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ¼ spring onion, sliced
- ½ cup cashews
- Fresh lime, for a zing
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Water to thin, if necessary
- To make dressing, add peanut butter and honey to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in a microwave for 20 seconds. Add the ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame and olive oil and stir until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add dressing to the quinoa. Fold the capsicum, cabbage, edamame, carrots and red onion through.
- Garnish with cashews and spring onion. Serve chilled or at room temperature with fresh lime wedges.