Resolution Retreats is the largest health retreat in Australasia catering exclusively for women. Their world-class luxury health retreats range from three-day fresh start retreats to their three-week life-changer retreats. We’ve teamed up with this awesome NZ company with our new Fresh Start 8 Week Challenge!
These Beetroot and Chocolate Love Balls are easy to make and so nutritious for a snack. They also feature in their new cookbook, Retreat Yourself.
Find out more about Resolution Retreats in our interview with founder Joelene here.
Resolution Retreats is the ultimate in a luxury, healthy holiday, women are encouraged to fully immerse themselves in the 35-ha five-star Lake Karapiro resort. A dedicated, sought-after team of health professionals deliver a holistic health programme which includes daily Yoga, group fitness sessions, and a variety of women’s wellness workshops ranging from nutrition, hormone-health and healthy habit advice, to life coaching, personal styling and make up sessions. World class facilities include private chalet accommodation, a luxury in-house spa and wellness centre, an indoor heated swimming pool, weights room, infrared saunas, jacuzzi spas and tennis courts that overlook Sanctuary Mountain.
Beetroot and Chocolate Love Balls
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 large beetroot, peeled & grated
- 4 dried dates
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- Grind the brazil nuts in a food processor. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Combine the dates, currants and maple syrup in the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Blend the date mixture with the ground brazil nuts and add the grated beetroot.
- Add the coconut, cacao powder and psyllium husk and pulse until the ingredients are well combined and finely textured.
- Roll into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until firm to the touch.