Resolution Retreats is the largest health retreat in Australasia catering exclusively for women. Their world-class luxury health retreats range from three-day fresh start retreats to their three-week life-changer retreats. We’ve teamed up with this awesome NZ company with our new Fresh Start 8 Week Challenge!
These delish Spiced Apple muffins are super easy, and a favourite at the retreat. They also feature in their new cookbook, Retreat Yourself.
Find out more about Resolution Retreats in our interview with founder Joelene here.
Resolution Retreats is the ultimate in a luxury, healthy holiday, women are encouraged to fully immerse themselves in the 35-ha five-star Lake Karapiro resort. A dedicated, sought-after team of health professionals deliver a holistic health programme which includes daily Yoga, group fitness sessions, and a variety of women’s wellness workshops ranging from nutrition, hormone-health and healthy habit advice, to life coaching, personal styling and make up sessions. World class facilities include private chalet accommodation, a luxury in-house spa and wellness centre, an indoor heated swimming pool, weights room, infrared saunas, jacuzzi spas and tennis courts that overlook Sanctuary Mountain.
Spiced Apple & Walnut Crumble Muffins
- 2 large green or red apples, pureed (approx. 1 cup of puree)
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cooked kumara, pureed
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup, maple syrup, or honey
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp oats
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup, maple syrup, or honey
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp coconut oil, softened
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Add all muffin ingredients into a food processor and blend until you form a smooth mixture.
- Divide mixture amongst the muffin holes.
- To make the topping, add the topping ingredients into a small bowl. Using your fingers, combine the mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly on top of the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Once cooked, allow to cool slightly before eating