Green Shakshuka with Feta & Cumin
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 250 g cavolo nero or kale finely chopped
- 150 g baby spinach
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch dill fronds picked
- 1 pinch chilli flakes optional
- 4 Tbsp kasundi, harissa or tomato chutney
- 4 thin slices wholemeal, whole grain or seedy bread
- Before you start, preheat oven to 180°C. Set aside a medium baking dish if you don't have an oven-proof fry-pan.
- Prep garlic, onion and cavolo nero and set aside separately.
- Heat oil in a medium, oven-proof fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook onion with a pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add garlic, coriander seeds and cumin seeds and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring, until fragrant. Add stock and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add cavolo nero, spinach and peas and cover pan with lid. Cook for about 2 minutes, until greens have wilted. Remove lid and toss together. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Crumble feta into pan and fold through the greens. Create indentations in the mixture with the back of a spoon, then gently crack in eggs. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Bake on middle oven rack for about 12-15 minutes, until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- To finish, prep dill and toast bread.
- Serve shakshuka topped with chilli flakes (if using) and dill. Serve with toast and kasundi/harissa/chutney.
Energy 1203 kJ | 288 kCal | Carbohydrates 24.3 g | Protein 19.6 g | Fat 14.8 g