You’ll love this easy, creamy and of-so-delicious 30-minute chicken pasta. Fresh lemon, cream and spinach create a mouth-watering sauce that perfectly coats the fresh pappardelle.
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Pasta with Fresh Pappardelle & Green Beans
- 1 leek cut in half lengthways & thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- 600 g free range chicken breasts cut into steaks
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 150 g baby spinach
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- 400 g fresh pappardelle or other fresh pasta
- 300 g green beans
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp basil leaves
- Before you start, bring a large and medium pot of hot salted tap water to the boil.
- Prep leek, garlic and lemon and set aside. Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. Place your hand flat on top of chicken and slice through horizontally. Season well with salt and pepper and toss with flour.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. Set aside to rest and keep pan on heat.
- Turn heat down to medium and add butter to fry-pan. When butter is melted add leek and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add cream and chicken stock, bring to boil, and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened slightly. Add lemon zest, juice and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Place green beans in medium pot of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, return to pot with butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain well, add to sauce and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice chicken. Prep basil.
- Serve pasta topped with chicken, Parmesan and basil. Spoon over any leftover sauce and serve green beans on the side.