For ultimate takeaway vibes, this is the dish for you! Nothing beats a saucy chicken stir-fry with crunchy cashews and fresh veggies. The family will love sitting down to enjoy this classic takeout dish, made at home!
Chicken Cashew Stir-Fry with Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- 1½ cups rice
- 2¼ cups boiling water
- 600 g free range chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion diced 2cm
- 1 carrot cut in half lengthways & thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 can baby corn drained
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 drizzle oil
- 50 g chopped cashew nuts
- 1 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 50 g kecap sauce store-bought
- 50 g oyster sauce store-bought
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 bunch chives chopped
- Before you start, bring a full kettle to the boil.
- Combine rice, boiling water measure and a pinch of salt in a medium pot and bring to the boil with the lid on. Once boiling, reduce to lowest heat to cook for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and steam, covered, for 5 more minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- Prep onion, carrot, spring onion, garlic, ginger, corn and broccoli. Pat chicken dry, thinly slice and set aside.
- Combine boiling water with cornflour and stock in a small heat proof bowl and whisk, until smooth. Add remaining sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, spring onion, carrot and broccoli and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add corn and cashews to pan along with sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is cooked, veggies are tender and sauce has thickened.
- To finish, prep chives.
- Serve rice topped with chicken and chives.