A Kiwi childhood isn’t complete without a taste of lolly log. The easiest recipe that the kids can make all on their own and a tasty treat that won’t last long in the cupboard.
- 120 g butter
- ½ – ¾ can sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g malt biscuits
- 200 g lollies
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- Melt butter, add to a large bowl and stir through ½ can of condensed milk
- Blend biscuits to a fine crumb in a food processor. Alternatively, place biscuits in a sealed bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add to bowl with butter.
- Cut lollies in half and add to bowl with mix. Stir until well combined. If mixture isn't quite sticking together, add more condensed milk, a little at a time, until sticky.
- Lay a large piece of cling film on a flat surface. Place mixture onto cling film and use damp hands to shape mixture into a log. Wrap tightly in cling film and roll back and forth a few times into a circular log shape. Place in fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- To finish, once log has set, place coconut on a baking tray and roll lolly log through it so all sides are covered.
- To serve, slice and enjoy!