Pork belly is given the gourmet treatment in this mouth-watering recipe. A delicious sauerkraut fennel remoulade complements the juicy, subtle flavour of this protein perfectly.
Pork Belly with Sauerkraut Fennel Remoulade & Jus
- 400 g baby potatoes diced 2 cm
- 125 g sour cream
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 fennel bulb cut in length halfways & thinly sliced
- 50 g baby spinach
- 100 g sauerkraut
- 350 g sous vide pork belly thinly sliced
- 100 g jus store-bought
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Prep potatoes and add to a large pot. Cover with hot tap water. Cook on high heat for 20-25 minutes with the lid on, until tender and cooked through. Drain well and return to pot.
- Remove pork from plastic and wipe off any jelly. Thinly slice and place on a lined oven tray. Season with salt and pepper and roast on upper oven rack for about 25 minutes, until hot and golden. Turn halfway through cook time.
- Combine sour cream and mustard in a large bowl and whisk, until smooth. Set aside. Prep fennel and reserve fronds for serving (see tip).Add sliced fennel to bowl with sour cream mixture, along with spinach and sauerkraut. Add potatoes and toss together well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place jus in a small pot and bring to a simmer on medium heat. As soon as it simmers, remove from heat and cover with a lid. Set aside for serving.
- Serve remoulade topped with pork, fennel fronds and a drizzle of jus.
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.