Littlies will love this amazingly delish lamb Greek pide recipe packed with flavour! Enjoy on a weeknight or whip on the weekend.
Lamb Greek Pide with Feta & Tzatziki
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 drizzle oil
- Greek spices 1 tsp dried oregano, ¼ tsp rosemary, ¼ tsp thyme, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp dried mint
- 300 g lamb mince
- ½ tsp salt
- 25 g tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 pizza bases
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber grated
- 125 g yoghurt
- ½ lettuce shredded
- 1 tomato diced 1cm
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Preheat two oven trays (or pizza stones if you have them).
- Prep carrot. Heat oil in a large fry-pan on high heat. Add carrot and Greek spiced and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add lamb and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until browned. Add salt, tomato paste and stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes, until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide lamb between bases, spread out and crumble over feta. Transfer pide to preheated trays and cook for 12-14 minutes, until the bases are crisp and golden around the edges. Swap trays halfway through cook time to ensure even cooking. Cut into slices.
- Prep garlic and cucumber. Combine garlic, cucumber and yoghurt together in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep lettuce and tomato. Toss in a large bowl with vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve lamb pide topped with tzatziki and sweet chill sauce. Serve salad on the side.
*This recipe features in Bargain Box.
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.