The little ones will love tucking into this delish veggie recipe for chickpea fattoush paired with crispy garlic pita. Yum!
Crispy Chickpea Fattoush with Garlic Pita
- 6 garlic pita breads cut into wedges
- 1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- Curry spices 1 tsp stock powder, 1 tsp mild curry powder, ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 drizzle oil
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 lettuce chopped
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 telegraph cucumber cut in half lengthways & thinly sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 100 g feta cheese diced
- 125 g yoghurt
- Before you start, preheat the oven to high grill.
- Prep pita. Toss on an oven tray and grill for about 2 minutes each side, until toasted. Transfer to a serving platter. Reserve tray and line with baking paper.
- Prep chickpeas and toss on reserved tray with curry spices, oil and seeds. Grill for about 5 minutes, until golden and toasted.
- Prep lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion. Toss in a large bowl with oil and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn out onto serving platter.
- To finish, prep feta.
- Serve salad topped with feta, chickpeas and yoghurt. Serve pita on the side.
Meet the Chef
Ary develops all of the recipes that go into our Bargain Boxes. One of his biggest passions is sharing food and teaching people how to cook, so now that he creates recipes weekly, he literally gets to teach thousands of people new and exciting things! His favourite produce in New Zealand broccoli – it’s crispy and vibrant and he even grows it at home! It’s one of the veggies he never tires of. His biggest food weakness (because we all have one!) is crispy fried chicken that speaks right to his soul when it’s done right – though he’s such a lover of sharing a good meal that he’d prefer to stay in and cook a family meal over going out to eat.