Inspired by the Japanese foodie favourite, this tofu sushi bowl packs a major flavour punch! Featuring brown rice, edamame beans, avocado, coated tofu, nori and more, this irresistible bowl of goodness is the perfect healthier dinner option.
Tofu Sushi Bowl
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 2 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut in half lengthways & thinly sliced
- ¼ avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 sheet nori, torn
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 200g tofu, diced 2cm
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Bring a half-full kettle to the boil.
- Cook rice in pot of boiling water for about15 minutes, until tender. Drain well and stir through vinegar.
- Place edamame and a pinch of salt in a small heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover and leave to cook for about 6minutes. Drain and season with salt.
- Prep radish, cucumber, avocado and nori.
- Pat tofu dry and dice 2cm. In a medium bowl, toss tofu with cornflour and sesame seeds. Heat oil in a non-stick fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook tofu for about 4minutes, turning on all sides, until golden.
- Serve rice topped with edamame, tofu, radish, cucumber, avocado and nori. Drizzle with soy sauce.