This tasty vegetarian lunch is packed with protein and will keep you feeling full all afternoon.
Puy Lentil Salad with Haloumi
- 75g Puy lentils
- 50g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 radish, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 50g rocket
- 120g haloumi, sliced 1cm
- ¼ tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Prep beans. Cook lentils in pot of boiling water for 22 minutes, then add beans and cook a further 2-3 minutes, until beans are just tender and lentils are tender with a slight bite. Drain well and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Prep radish and cucumber. Add to a medium bowl with olive oil and vinegar. Add lentils, beans and rocket and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Prep haloumi. Heat oil in a small fry-pan on medium heat. Cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes each side, until golden.
- Serve lentil salad topped with haloumi and pumpkin seeds.
Energy 1157 kJ | 277 kCal | Carbohydrates 27.4 g | Protein 51.1 g | Fat 20.8 g