These healthy Fish Taco Lettuce Cups from Resolution Retreats’ new cookbook featured in our Fresh Start deliveries.
These Fish Tacos offer a fresh and modern take on a summer classic without the unnecessary loaded carbohydrates at the end of the day. Crunchy and full of colour and flavour, these are so simple to make and deliver the key energy and nutrient requirements for dinner.
Inspired by recipes and snacks created in the Resolution Retreats kitchen, Retreat Yourself offers a collection of the award winning health retreat’s ‘most famous’ recipes that have been enjoyed by women from all around the world. Packed with over 58 recipes, Retreat Yourself is about progress not perfection. It’s about making healthier food choices and changes one step at a time, no matter what your starting point may be. Alongside delicious, and uncomplicated recipes are tips and tricks to inspire healthier living in a realistic, and achievable way.
Be inspired to make positive changes that you and your body will love you for with Retreat Yourself, available from www.resolutionretreats.co.nz.
Resolution Retreats’ Fish Taco Lettuce Cups with Beetroot Chips & Yoghurt Tartare
- 2 beetroot, cut into chips
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 lettuce, leaves separated
- ½ telegraph cucumber, finely diced
- 1 capsicum, finely diced
- 90g Colby cheese, grated
- 600g market fish, diced 2cm
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 2-3 sugar free gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 150g natural unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Prep beetroot and toss on a lined oven tray with oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake on lower oven rack for about 30minutes, until tender.
- Separate lettuce into big cups. Prep cucumber and capsicum and toss in a medium bowl. Prep cheese. Set all aside for serving.
- Pat fish dry, remove any remaining scales or bones and dice into 2cm bites. Place in a large bowl and season with salt. Add milk and toss to coat. In a second large bowl, combine ground almonds and smoked paprika. Add fish to almond mixture and coat well.
- Transfer fish to a lined oven tray and spread out in an even layer. Bake on upper oven rack for about 5 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from oven and rest.
- Prep capers, gherkins and dill and combine in a small bowl with yoghurt and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lettuce cups filled with capsicum, cucumber and cheese. Top with fish and yoghurt tartare sauce.