Quinoa (pronounced ‘keen-wah’) is packed full of protein and fibre. Prep this the night before and use as an addition to roasted vege and fresh greens!
- ⅓ cup light coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp water
- ⅓ cup quinoa
- ½ pack cauli pearls
- 1 Tbsp peanuts chopped
- ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50 g baby spinach
- Before you start preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cook quinoa. Bring coconut cream and water to the boil in a small pot on high heat with lid on. Once boiling, add quinoa and a pinch of salt. Cover with a lid and reduce to low heat to cook for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and steam, covered, for 8 more minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- Cook cauliflower. Spread cauli pearls and peanuts out on a lined oven tray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 16 minutes, until golden.
- Finish quinoa. In a bowl, toss cooked quinoa with cauliflower, oil and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve salad topped with your choice of protein, such as chicken, boiled egg or tuna.
Energy 722 kJ | 173 kCal | Carbohydrate 12.9g | Protein 6.0g | Fat 10.0g | Saturated Fat 5.7g | Sugars 3.4g