Classic flavours take centre stage in this recipe for smoky beef steaks.
Smoky Beef Steaks with Grilled Veggies & Hollandaise Sauce
- 800 g baby potatoes cut into halves or quarters until the same size
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 courgettes sliced 1cm
- 2 capsicums sliced 1cm
- 1 drizzle oil
- 600 g beef rump steaks
- Smoky spices (2 tsp smoked paprika + ½ tsp garlic salt)
- 1 drizzle oil
- 4 Tbsp Hollandaise sauce (store-bought, or use aioli)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Before you start, preheat BBQ hot plate and grill to medium.
- Prep potatoes and add to a large pot. Cover with hot tap water.
- Cook on high heat for 20-25 minutes with the lid on, until tender and cooked through. Drain well, return to pot along with butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Prep courgette and capsicum. Pat beef dry and toss with smoky spiced and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook beef on BBQ for 3-4 minutes each side, for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered. Add courgette and capsicum to hot plate and cook for about 3 minutes, until just tender. Alternatively, cook beef and veggies in 2 large fry-pans on medium-high heat.
- To finish, thinly slice beef.
- Serve potatoes topped with veggies, beef, Hollandaise sauce and almonds.
*This recipe features in My Classic bag.
**Check out our blog post about different beef cuts and what make them unique.
Meet the Chef
Say hello to Gemma ‘Mint’ our Development Kitchen Manager. She’s all the way from the sunny Hawkes Bay and is the brain behind many of our new bags. She’s a lover of Hawkes Bay apples and golden peaches, having grown up in the region, it takes her right back to her childhood. However, her favourite foods are dumplings and freshly baked bread. Gemma loves how she gets to be involved in all the new projects in her role and how we’re constantly creating and evolving with our foodies.