These muesli bars are the perfect lunch box filler for kids and adults, and are 172 cals per serve.
They’re higher in fibre and lower in sugar than lots of store bought bars as well as being refined sugar free, easy to make, freezable and packed with nutrients. The perfect on the go snack!
Apricot Muesli Bars
- 2½ cups jumbo rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ¼ cup coconut thread
- Before you start, Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tin (measuring about 20x20cm) with baking paper.
- Spread oats and almonds out on a lined oven tray. Bake for about 8 minutes, stirring midway, until lightly toasted. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine honey, butter and oil in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and fold through vanilla and salt. Add wet mixture to bowl with oats and stir to combine. Leave to sit for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Prep apricots. Add apricots and coconut to bowl and stir to combine well. Transfer mixture into prepared baking tin. Press mixture really well to bind. Place another piece of baking paper over top, and then use a solid tray or cup to further press down on the slice to bind.
- Cover and store in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into 12 slices and store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.