This vegetarian Easy Lunch Grain Bowl is the ideal work lunch to keep you full through the afternoon and filled with veggie goodness.
Just keep the dressing on the side until you’re ready to eat. The best way to pack your lunch so that the veggies stay as fresh as possible is with heavier items like the feta and quinoa on the bottom, then the grated veggie and avocado, then then lettuce on top. Quinoa is a favourite grain of ours here at Fresh Start as it’s higher in protein than other grains and is naturally gluten free.
Easy Lunch Grain Bowl
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ carrot, grated
- ½ courgette, grated
- ¼ avocado, diced 1cm
- ¼ lettuce, torn
- 2 Tbsp mint, leaves picked
- 1 Tbsp roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp feta, crumbled
- ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook quinoa in pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes, until tender with a slight bite. Drain, rinse under cold water then drain well.
- Prep carrot, courgette, avocado, lettuce and mint. Prep almonds and feta.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice in a lunch container (or small bowl).
- Add carrot, courgette and avocado to lunch container and season with salt and pepper. Top with quinoa, lettuce, mint, almonds and feta. Mix together with dressing before eating. Alternatively, toss veggies and quinoa with dressing and sprinkle over mint, almonds and feta.