Freekeh is an ancient grain high in fibre and protein! Use it as an alternative to rice. This fresh and tasty salad is a great lunch option, satisfying all your nutritional requirements with an omega-3 boost from the salmon. Try adding a boiled egg for an extra protein hit!
Lemon & Greens Freekeh
- ¼ broccoli finely chopped
- ½ courgette peeled into ribbons
- ¼ lemon juiced
- 25 g freekeh
- ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves picked
- 2 Tbsp yoghurt
- 50 g cooked salmon
- ¼ lemon cut into wedges
- Before you start. Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Prep freekeh. Prep broccoli, courgette and lemon.
- Cook freekeh. Add freekeh to pot of boiling water and cook for 12 minutes. Add broccoli to pot and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain well.
- Finish freekeh. In a bowl, toss freekeh, broccoli, courgette, lemon juice and olive oil together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep mint yoghurt. Prep mint and add to a small bowl with yoghurt. Mix to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve freekeh topped with salmon and mint yoghurt. Squeeze over lemon.