With a rainbow of colours and packed full of nutrients, these stuffed capsicums are a great and tasty option to take for lunch! Red capsicum are a great source of vitamin C, and vitamin A. Buy in bulk when they’re in season and freeze for use all year round.
Bean Stuffed Capsicums
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ can red kidney beans drained & rinsed
- ¼ tsp oil
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 100 g baby spinach
- 2 capsicum halved
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves leaves picked
- Before you start. Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Prep filling. Prep onion, carrot, tomato and beans.
- Cook filling. Heat oil in a medium fry-pan on medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and a pinch of salt and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softening. Add paprika, coriander, cumin and salt and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add beans and corn and cook a further minute, stirring. Add stock and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until reduced. Fold through tomato and spinach and cook for 1 minute, until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prep capsicums. Cut capsicums in half lengthways, from top to bottom, and scoop out core.
- Fill & bake capsicums. Place capsicum halves on a lined oven tray and season with salt and pepper. Fill with filling and crumble over feta. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until capsicums are tender.
- To finish. Prep coriander.
- Serve capsicums topped with coriander.