An alternative to your typical take-away fried rice, this uses cauliflower instead, with a protein hit coming from the edamame and the eggs. Make in advance and take for work lunches!
Edamame & Cauli Fried ‘Rice’
- ¼ brown onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger finely grated
- ¼ cauliflower finely chopped
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp honey
- pinch chilli flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cashew nuts chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves picked
Before you start
- Prep onion, garlic, ginger and cauliflower.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and first measure of soy sauce.
- Heat first measure of sesame oil a non-stick fry-pan on medium heat. Add eggs to pan and tilt to evenly distribute.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until set as an omelette. Flip and cook a further 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan, cut into strips and set aside. Cover to keep warm.
Cook fried 'rice'
- Return pan to heat with second measure of sesame oil.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add edamame and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softening.
- Add cauliflower, soy sauce, honey, chilli flakes, salt and vinegar to pan and cook a further 4-5 minutes, until combined and rice is starting to crisp up.
- Add egg and cashews to pan and fold to combine. Remove from heat. Prep coriander.
- Serve fried ‘rice’ and eggs topped with coriander.
Energy 969 kJ | 232 kCal | Carbohydrates 14.3 g | Protein 17.8 g | Fat 11.4 g