The flavours of Mexico inspire this mouth-watering chicken salad. This quick and easy recipe is the perfect addition to your summer menu!
Mexican Chicken Salad with Corn Chips & Sour Cream
- 600 g free range chicken breasts cut into steaks
- 2 tsp Mexican spices see recipe below
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 can kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 tsp Mexican spices see recipe below
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- ½ cos lettuce leaves separated
- 1 capsicum sliced
- ½ telegraph cucumber diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chipotle sauce OR chilli sauce
- 300 g salted corn chips
- Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. Place your hand flat on top of the chicken and slice through horizontally. Toss with first measure of Mexican spices and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Prep beans.
- Whisk remaining Mexican spices, vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Prep lettuce, capsicum, cucumber and avocado and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. Add beans and cook for about 1 minutes, until heated through. Set aside, covered, to rest.
- To finish, toss lettuce in bowl with dressing and season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice chicken and toss in any resting juices.
- Serve lettuce topped with chicken, salad, sour cream and chipotle sauce. Serve corn chips on the side.½
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp ground coriander
Meet the Chef
Say hello to Gemma ‘Mint’ our Development Kitchen Manager. She’s all the way from the sunny Hawkes Bay and is the brain behind many of our new bags. She’s a lover of Hawkes Bay apples and golden peaches, having grown up in the region, it takes her right back to her childhood. However, her favourite foods are dumplings and freshly baked bread. Gemma loves how she gets to be involved in all the new projects in her role and how we’re constantly creating and evolving with our foodies.