This healthier take on the classic Caesar salad is quick and easy to make and just as delicious. Enjoy tucking into this Broccoli Caesar Slaw!
Broccoli Caesar Slaw
- ¼ can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ¼ tsp oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch chives
- ¼ garlic clove, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp lite sour cream
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cabbage, shredded, 2 cups worth
- ½ courgette, grated
- ⅛ red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Prep chickpeas and pat dry. Spread out on a lined oven tray, toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, smash chickpeas a little. Roast for about 10minutes, until golden and crispy
- Place eggs in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 4-6 minutes. Drain and cool under cold tap. Peel and cut into halves.
- Prep chives and garlic and add to a medium bowl. Add sour cream, lemon juice and mustard and whisk to combine. Season with pepper.
- Prep broccoli, cabbage, courgette and onion. Add to bowl with dressing, toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve slaw topped with eggs and chickpeas.
Energy 1782 kJ | 426 kCal | Carbohydrates 34.3 g | Protein 34.2 g | Fat 12.1 g