Use your leftover coconut milk to give this red rice pudding a go!
Coconut Red Rice Pudding
- ¼ cup red rice
- 150 mL water
- 100 mL lite coconut milk
- 1½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 star anise
- pinch salt
- ½ mango chopped
- 1 Tbsp toasted coconut chips
- Before you start. Bring a small pot of water to the boil.
- Cook rice. Cook rice in pot of boiling water for about 25 minutes, until tender. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, prep mango.
- Finish rice. Add water measure, coconut milk, maple syrup, star anise and salt to pot with drained rice and bring to a simmer, stirring continuously for 5-6 minutes, until thick like porridge. Remove star anise.
- Serve rice pudding topped with mango and coconut chips.
Energy 999 kJ | 239 kCal | Carbohydrates 36.5 g | Protein 4.3 g | Fat 7.8 g Tip: Instead of maple syrup, you could also use honey!