A colourful, fresh and tasty salad! Healthy fats coming from the avocado, bursts of flavour from pomegranate arils, zesty lemon and salty feta all combine to give you a delicious meal, or side salad.
Spring Greens Salad
- ¾ cup freekeh
- 125 g broccolini cut in half lengthways
- 150 g snowpeas cut in half lengthways
- ½ avocado diced 1cm
- 150 g rocket
- 50 g pea tendrils
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- 1 tsp tahini paste
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50 g feta cheese crumbled
- 75 g pomegranate arils
- Before you start. Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook grains & prep greens. Cook grains in pot of boiling water for about 14 minutes, until tender with a slight bite. Meanwhile, prep broccolini. After 14 minutes, add broccolini to pot and blanch for 1-2 minutes, until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water to cool, then drain well.
- Prep remaining greens. Prep snow peas and avocado.
- Prep dressing. Prep lemon. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- To finish. Add grains, broccolini, snowpeas and dressing to a salad bowl and toss to coat. Gently fold through avocado, pea tendrils and rocket and season to taste with salt and pepper. Crumble over feta and sprinkle over pomegranate.
- Serve salad as a side.