Classic flavours complement each other perfectly in this grilled lamb chops recipe for two.
Oregano Grilled Lamb Chops with Tomato Feta Salad
- 400 g baby potatoes cut in half lengthways
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 bunch oregano roughly chopped
- 500 g lamb loin chops
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 courgette peeled into ribbons
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 drizzle vinegar
- 1 drizzle oil
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 30 g olives halved
- Before you start, preheat oven to high grill. Preheat BBQ grill to high (if using).
- Prep potatoes and garlic. Add potatoes to a medium pot and cover with hot tap water and a pinch of salt. Cook on high heat for about 25 minutes with the lid on, until tender. Drain and place on a lined oven tray.
- Use a fork to crush potatoes. Mix garlic and butter together in a small bowl and drizzle over potatoes. Season with salt and grill in oven for about 10 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, prep oregano. Pat lamb dry and toss in a medium bowl with oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prep courgette and tomatoes. Toss in a medium bowl with vinegar and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are grilling, heat oil in a medium fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook lamb for about 2 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered, for 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, cook on the BBQ.
- Prep feta and olives.
- Serve potatoes and salad topped with feta. Serve with lamb and olives.
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.