Beef tacos get a South American-inspired twist in this mouth-watering recipe perfect for whipping up on the BBQ.
South American Beef Tacos with Corn & Yoghurt
- 300 g beef rump steaks
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 drizzle oil
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 150 g frozen corn
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- ½ Tbsp vinegar
- ½ Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 carrot grated
- 50 g baby spinach
- 6 tortillas
- 3 Tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Preheat BBQ to medium-high (if using).
- Pat beef dry, season with salt and toss with oil, first measure of smoked paprika and garlic salt. Prep onion.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard and second measure of smoked paprika in a medium bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- Wrap stack of tortillas in a damp tea towel and heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until warm. Alternatively, wrap in foil and cook in oven or on BBQ for about 10 minutes, until warmed through.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook beef for 3-4 minutes each side for medium, depending on thickness, or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered. Alternatively, do this on the BBQ. Wipe and reserve pan.
- Return pan to high heat with butter. Add onion and corn. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep carrot. Add to bowl with dressing, along with spinach and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Thinly slice beef.
- Serve tortillas filled with salad, beef, corn, yoghurt, sweet chilli sauce and chilli flakes.
Meet the Chef
Say hello to Gemma ‘Mint’ our Development Kitchen Manager. She’s all the way from the sunny Hawkes Bay and is the brain behind many of our new bags. She’s a lover of Hawkes Bay apples and golden peaches, having grown up in the region, it takes her right back to her childhood. However, her favourite foods are dumplings and freshly baked bread. Gemma loves how she gets to be involved in all the new projects in her role and how we’re constantly creating and evolving with our foodies.