Use up all your leftover veggies to make this winter warming dish!
Cauliflower & Leek Gratin
- ½ cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1½ broccoli cut into small florets
- ¾ leek thinly sliced
- ¾ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup lite sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- Before you start. Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Prep gratin ingredients. Prep cauliflower, broccoli, leek and onion and arrange in a baking dish (about 20 x 30cm). Toss with oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Season well with black pepper.
- Make white sauce. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, milk and salt. Season with pepper.
- Finish assembling gratin. Pour white sauce over veggies then top with cheese. Season well with salt and pepper, then cover dish with foil.
- Cook gratin. Bake gratin in oven for about 20 minutes with foil on. After 20 minutes, remove foil from gratin and bake a further 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and veggies are tender.
- Serve gratin as a side dish.
Energy 952 kJ | 227 kCal | Carbohydrates 8.6 g | Protein 15.5 g | Fat 13 g | Sat Fat 7.2g | Sugar 8.5g