Christmas might be over but that doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy some festive food! This summery recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner and great for cooking on the barbie.
Herbed Butterflied Lamb Leg with Tomato Salad & Baby Potatoes
- 600 g herbed butterflied lamb leg
- 1 drizzle oil
- 800 g baby potatoes cut in half
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 vine tomatoes cut in half
- 2 capsicums cut into 1cm rounds
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 drizzle oil
- Before you start, preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to medium. Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake).
- Pat lamb dry, rub with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on BBQ grill for 20-25 minutes for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Turn every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. Rest, covered. Alternatively, heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat and cook lamb, fat side down for 3 minutes. Flip and cook a further 2 minutes, then transfer to a lined oven tray and cook for 10-14 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Prep potatoes and add to a large pot. Cover with hot tap water. Cook on high heat for 20-25 minutes with the lid on, until tender and cooked through. Drain well, return to pot along with butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Prep tomatoes and capsicum and place on a platter. Crumble over feta and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To finish, slice lamb thickly against the grain.
- Serve lamb with potatoes and salad.
Meet the Chef
Say hello to Gemma ‘Mint’ our Development Kitchen Manager. She’s all the way from the sunny Hawkes Bay and is the brain behind many of our new bags. She’s a lover of Hawkes Bay apples and golden peaches, having grown up in the region, it takes her right back to her childhood. However, her favourite foods are dumplings and freshly baked bread. Gemma loves how she gets to be involved in all the new projects in her role and how we’re constantly creating and evolving with our foodies.