What’s better than a delicious, gooey brownie? One with some hidden veggies! Our Beetroot Choccy Brownies combines the traditional chocolate brownie with beetroot for a veggie twist on a classic.
Beetroot Choccy Brownies
- 125 g butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 60 g cocoa
- ½ cup grated beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Preheat 180°C. Line a small baking dish with baking paper.
- Prep beetroot. Place butter, caster sugar, cocoa and grated beetroot in a medium pot on medium heat. Stir continuously, until butter has melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with electric beaters for about 3 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Pour chocolate mixture and flour into eggs and mix quickly to combine.
- Transfer to prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes, the top should be cracked and the brownie gooey in the middle.
- Serve in bowls with cream or ice cream.
- If you don’t have an electric beater, you can do this by hand with a whisk. Simply whisk for 5-8 minutes if doing by hand.
- Don’t worry if the chocolate mixture looks split when the butter has melted, this will all come together at the end.
*Like this recipe? Be sure to check out our Self-Saucing Carrot Pudding!