Fresh and tasty, these versatile fritters are an easy quick dinner option – perfect for taking on a picnic!
Capsicum & Corn Fish Cakes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 150 g steamed white fish flaked
- 2 eggs whisked
- 6 Tbsp wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk
- ½ capsicum finely diced
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- ½ fresh chilli thinly sliced
- ½ lemon
- Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook corn. Cook corn in pot of boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain well.
- Prep fish cakes. In a bowl, combine corn, cooked fish, eggs, flour, coconut milk, capsicum, spring onions and chilli with a pinch of salt. Season with pepper.
- Cook fish cakes. Heat 1 tsp oil in a fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook cakes, in batches if required, for about 2 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve fish cakes squeezed with lemon juice, coriander and a green salad.
Energy 1506kJ | 360kCal | Carbohydrate 32.3g | Protein 29.7g | Fat 11.4g | Saturated 4.7g | Sugars 6.4g