Our #1 top rated Fresh Start dish of 2020! We introduced prawns to the Fresh Start menu in 2020 and they’ve been a hit. Not only are they easy to cook and suitable for a wide range of cuisines, they’re naturally low in fat and a great protein option for a healthy meal. We can’t wait to serve up some delicious prawn dishes in 2021.
Check out the other Top 5 Fresh Start dishes for 2020 here.
Malaysian Curried Prawns with Turmeric Rice
Rice & Greens
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 150g brown rice
- 1 broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 500g frozen prawns, defrosted
- 1 Tbsp laksa paste
- 1 tsp makrut lime powder (or lime zest)
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 165ml lite coconut milk
- 1½ tsp fish sauce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook rice & prep greens. Add turmeric and rice to pot of boiling water and cook for 20-25minutes, until just tender. Then add broccoli and cook for a further 3 minutes, until broccoli and rice are tender. Drain well, return to pot and mix through bok choy and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prep & cook prawns. Heat 2 tsp oil in a fry-pan on high heat. Add prawns and cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, until golden. Toss prawns, then add laksa paste and makrut curry powder and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Reduce heat to low, add coconut milk and fish sauce and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until prawns are cooked and sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prep garnishes.
- Serve rice and greens with prawns, cucumber, coriander, chilli flakes and lemon wedges on the side.