The fresh flavour of lemongrass is the star of this deliciously healthy dish featuring pork, supergrains and cucumber salsa.
Lemongrass Pork Larb with Supergrains, Peanuts & Cucumber Salsa
- 75 g supergrains
- ½ lettuce shredded
- 25 g nuoc cham
- 100 g cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ Lebanese cucumber diced 1cm
- ½ chilli thinly sliced, optional
- 1 tsp oil
- 50 g lemongrass paste
- 250 g free farmed pork mince
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 bunch mint leaves picked
- 25 g nuoc cham
- 15 g chopped peanuts
- Before you start, bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Cook supergrains in boiling water for about 25 minutes, until tender with a slight bite. Drain, rinse with cold water and return to pot. Meanwhile, prep lettuce and place in a medium bowl.
- Prep tomatoes, cucumber and chilli. Add to a medium bowl, season with salt and set aside for serving.
- Heat oil in a medium fry-pan on medium-high heat. Add lemongrass paste and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add pork and cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked. Break up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once cooked, remove from heat and stir through fish sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Combine cooked supergrains with lettuce and first measure of nuoc cham.
- Prep mint.
- Serve supergrain salad topped with pork and salsa. Drizzle over remaining nuoc cham and sprinkle over peanuts and mint.
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.