Spring Noodle Buddha Bowl with Roasted Pumpkin & Avocado
- ½ can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 200 g diced pumpkin
- 5 g sesame seeds
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 baby cos lettuce leaves separated
- ½ avocado cut into wedges
- 1 radish thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 Lebanese cucumber thinly sliced into rounds
- 100 g rice stick noodles
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 1 drizzle oil
Tahini Maple Sauce
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp water
- ½ lemon juiced
- Pinch of chilli flakes optional
- 1 bunch coriander leaves picked
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Prep chickpeas and toss with pumpkin on a lined oven tray with sesame seeds and oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden and tender.
- Prep lettuce, avocado, radish and cucumber and set aside. Combine all tahihi maple sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cook noodles and edamame in pot of boiling water on high heat for 5-7 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse well. Return to pot with oil and snip in a few places with scissors, to make them easier to eat. Add 2 Tbsp tahini maple sauce to pot and toss to coat noodles. Set aside, covered.
- To finish, prep coriander.
- Serve noodles, veggies and pumpkin in bowls topped with remaining tahini maple sauce and coriander.
Meet the Chef
Amelia, or better known by her foodie fam as Melie, manages the development of our Plant Based and Veggie bags, so has the interesting job of creating new and delicious meals with alternative proteins. She is a vegetarian who hates eggs but has a big love for pumpkin due to its versatility. Her favourite cuisine has to be Middle Eastern, which makes a whole lot of sense considering her ultimate plant based proteins are chickpeas and falafel (of course!).