A delicious, self-saucing carrot pudding perfect for getting the little ones to eat even more veggies.
Self-Saucing Carrot Pudding
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups boiling water
- ¼ cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C and bring a full kettle to the boil.
- Prep carrot. Place flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a large bowl. Add milk, butter/oil and grated carrots and use a spatula to stir together, until no dry bits remain. Transfer to a baking dish (about 23cm square).
- Sprinkle brown sugar and nuts (if using) over the top of the batter evenly. Pour boiling water onto a metal spoon over the batter. Place on a baking tray and bake for 40-50 minutes or once the middle is set.
- Serve with your favourite ice cream, cream or yoghurt.