Italian Baked Salmon with Asparagus & Horseradish Cream Salad
- 600 g salmon fillet
- Italian spices (see recipe below)
- 1 drizzle oil
- 10 g sunflower seeds
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 240 g couscous
- ½ tsp salt
- 250 g asparagus cut in half widthways
- 250 g frozen peas
- 1 drizzle oil
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 100 g baby leaf lettuce
- 2 Tbsp horseradish sour cream (or 1 tsp mustard combined with 2 Tbsp sour cream)
- Before you start, preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan bake). Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- Pat salmon dry and remove any remaining bones. Place on a lined oven tray and rub with Italian spices and oil. Season with salt and top with seeds.
- Cook salmon for 8-10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Using a spoon, flake cooked salmon into large pieces.
- Bring couscous to the boil in a medium pot on high heat. Once boiling, turn off heat, add couscous and salt, stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up grains with a fork.
- Prep asparagus. Add asparagus and peas to pot of boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well, return to pot and toss with oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve couscous topped with lettuce, veggies, salmon and horseradish sour cream.
1/2 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 tsp ground fennel
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp tomato powder
Meet the Chef
Say hello to Gemma ‘Mint’ our Development Kitchen Manager. She’s all the way from the sunny Hawkes Bay and is the brain behind many of our new bags. She’s a lover of Hawkes Bay apples and golden peaches, having grown up in the region, it takes her right back to her childhood. However, her favourite foods are dumplings and freshly baked bread. Gemma loves how she gets to be involved in all the new projects in her role and how we’re constantly creating and evolving with our foodies.