Chinese Style Beef & Pork Stir-Fry
- 1 broccoli cut into small florets
- 200 g green beans cut in half
- 1 Tbsp ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 500 g lean been & pork mince
- Asian garlic 5-spice (see recipe below)
- 2 baby bok choy leaves separated
- 160 g soba noodles
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- Before you start, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Prep ginger, garlic, broccoli and beans and set aside separately. In a small bowl, combine stock with soy sauce and cornflour and set aside. Prep bok choy and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large fry-pan on high heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add broccoli and beans and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until almost tender. Remove from pan and return pan to high heat.
- Add beef and pork to pan with a pinch of salt and Asian garlic 5-spice and cook for 3-4 minutes, until almost cooked. Add stock mixture to pan and simmer for 2 minutes, until thick. Return vegetables and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until everything is hot. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in pot of boiling water for about 4 minutes, until tender. Drain and return to pot with bok choy. Season with salt and set aside for serving.
- To finish, prep spring onions.
- Serve noodles topped with stir-fry and spring onions.
3g Chinese 5-spice
4g garlic powder
3g onion powder
Meet the Chef
Amber ‘Agria’ is the brain and taste buds behind our Gourmet and Fresh Start Bags! Her favourite part of the role? Creating the recipes and eating them, of course! When it comes to local, New Zealand produce, Amber sure is a pro. Her favourite has to be asparagus, so she’s especially happy when asparagus season rolls around.