This was the 4th most popular Fresh Start recipe in 2020, for good reason! We love a healthy salad that tastes indulgent with the addition of rich, saucey Mexican chicken and creamy avocado salsa!
Mexican Chicken Bowl with Avocado & Black Bean Salsa
- 4 Tbsp Mexican-style salad dressing
- 125g yoghurt
- 1 tsp oil
- 550g free range chicken breasts, sliced1cm
- Mexican spice mix – see recipe below
- 30g tomato paste
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp Mexican-style salad dressing
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ avocado, diced 1cm
- 1 capsicum, diced 1cm
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 lettuce, shredded
- In a small bowl, combine Mexican dressing and yoghurt. Season with salt and set aside.
- Prep onion. Pat chicken dry and slice into1cm thick strips. Toss in a medium bowl with Mexican blend, tomato paste and salt.
- Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Cook chicken without stirring for 2 minutes. Add onion and corn and cook for a further3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat, add 2 tablespoons of dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and rest, covered.
- Prep avocado, capsicum, onion and beans. Toss all salsa ingredients together in a medium bowl with remaining dressing.
- Prep lettuce.
- Serve lettuce with chicken and resting juices. Top with salsa.